Welcome to Planet Nourish!
Here, we will share the highs and lows of our journey to become the first ethnically tailored healthcare platform for diet-related illnesses.
WHAT WE DO
Planet Nourish is an AI-powered digital platform on a mission to reduce diet-related conditions such as Type 2 Diabetes and obesity in people of colour. Linking for the first time heritage and health, we provide ethnically tailored food, lifestyle & behaviour change solutions.
- We offer full-service telehealth programmes consisting of our core AI component of the PN Smart Nourished Plate®, complimented by our digital coaching and technology platform. We are building a predictive technology that analyses user photos and biodata to give macronutrient breakdown, recognise different cultural foods and make personalised suggestions.
- With our technology and human-centric approach, we bring the lifestyle changes needed for a person to eat better, feel better, and have long-lasting results.
HOW WE ARE DOING
The next cohort starts at the end of April. Our new influencer dietitian Fareeha Jay (with 300k followers across her social networks) will be launching a Muslim cohort post-Ramadan in May.
THE GREAT NEWS
- Our patient outcomes in six months have beaten the NHS & other competitors, with over 60% of our users losing 5% of body weight and reducing blood sugar in 12 weeks.
- We have been selected to join two prestigious accelerators, DLA Piper and MSDUK.
- Angela was invited to No 10 Downing Street as part of the Women’s Health Roundtable. The objective of the Roundtable was to connect the UK Government and rising stars in women’s health and femtech to discuss the health & wellness problems that some of the brightest entrepreneurs are trying to solve yet facing various challenges.
We took part in the first Women’s Health Innovation Forum in Scotland Organised By Goddess Gaia Ventures. Angela participated in a panel that looked into female entrepreneurs’ challenges, including fundraising.
THE GOOD NEWS
We have started conversations with BUPA, Virgin Atlantic and McDonald’s to explore the possibility of building patient and employee pilot programmes.
March cohort had a low conversion to payment after their 4-week complimentary period. The learning was that either we take full payment upfront or continue to optimise the previous donation model, which was successful. We are focusing on our primary payers being B2B payers such as insurance companies and corporates.
We are delighted to announce that Erika Kessel has joined as our interim CMO. Kicking off in Diabetes Awareness Week, she will be implementing a PR led marketing strategy to build our credibility and brand awareness with our target B2B customers.